City of Gatlinburg

Welcome to the

Helpful Links…


Federal Bureau of Investigations                              

Homeland Security Investigations Victim Notification Program

United States Marshal

United States Secret Service



TN Bureau of Investigation          

Sex Offender Search

TN Driver Services      



4th Judicial District Attorney General (Sevier County)

Sevier County Sheriff

Sevier County Circuit Court

Sevier County General Sessions Court



Leconte Medical Center

University of Tennessee Medical Center



Sevier County Clerk (Marriage License/Vehicle Registration Renewals/Business Licenses)

Automated Victim Information and Notification


City Court Clerk

The City Court Clerk handles all of the citations and arrests for municipal ordinance violations within the City of Gatlinburg. City Court is held on Wednesdays at 3:00 PM in the Council Chambers on the main floor of the Gatlinburg City Hall.


Citations can be paid:

1). In person - At the Police Department (located on the bottom level of City Hall)

2). By phone - Call the Police Department and pay with a debit/credit card

* There is a service charge for paying with a debit/credit card

3). By mail - Mail your fine to the address listed below

City Court Clerk
P.O. Box 5
Gatlinburg, TN 37738-0005


Answers to common questions:

Q: Where do we get a marriage license?
A: From the SEVIER COUNTY CLERK. Court clerks do not issue marriage licenses. Please follow this link for times and locations as well as instructions on how to obtain a marriage license and other licenses.

Q: Can I contest my case by mail?
A: No. If you wish to contest a case in the Gatlinburg City Court you must be present on the date and time indicated on your citation to be heard by the judge.

Q: I was arrested and transported to the Sevier County Jail.  Will my case be heard in the Gatlinburg City Court?
A: Only if you received a citation from the Gatlinburg Police Officer stating to be in the City Court; otherwise your case will be heard in the General Sessions Court for Sevier County.

Q: My license is suspended, what do I do?
A: If your license is currently suspended by the state of Tennessee, you MUST call the Department of Safety to determine why they are suspended. The number is 866-903-7357.  When you call, please ask the Tennessee Deprtment of Safety to provide the date of the offense, the court telephone number where the suspension originated, and any additional steps that you need to take to reinstate your license. We cannot proceed without this information.

**Please note that the Tennessee Department of Safety will mail suspension/revocation/renewal notices and all other correspondence to the address associated with your Tennessee Driver License. Mail from the Department of Safety DOES NOT forward. If you have moved and are expecting a notice from the Department of Safety you must change your address. This is also the law in the State of Tennessee**

For more information on Driver Services please follow this link


The Records Division is responsible for the maintenance and security of all police records and reports.

To obtain a copy of any police report (accident, arrest, offense), please send a request to the Records Division or appear in person at the Police Department. Include the type(s) of report you are requesting, the date the report was made, the address of the report, the officer's name (if known), and the incident number.

  • To have a copy of the report mailed, faxed, or e-mailed the cost is $2.00
  • To pick a report up in person the cost is $1.00

Physical Address
1230 East Parkway
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Mon-Fri 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM

Mailing Address
Records Request
Gatlinburg Police Department
P.O. Box 5
Gatlinburg, TN 37738-0005


**The records division does not handle requests for video or audio reproduction or other types of evidence management.  Those requests should be made to the Property and Evidence Section**


The Police Department maintains a 12 hour Jail and holding facility. When a person is arrested by the Police Department they are transported to the Jail for booking. If the person has been arrested for a municipal offense,  such as public intoxication,  they will generally be held a minimum of 4 hours and released with a citation to municipal court from the Jail. The citation is in lieu of any bond for their release. If the person has been arrested for violating state laws such as domestic assault, D.U.I., or they have an active warrant in another jurisdiction they will be booked at the Gatlinburg Jail and then transferred to the Sevier County Jail in Sevierville.


The Gatlinburg Jail is located in the Gatlinburg Police Department

For prisoner information call (865) 436-5181

The Sevier County Jail is located at 137 Commerce Street Sevierville, TN 37862

For prisoner information call (865) 453-0212