The Police Department only accepts applications for positions when a vacancy exists.
Position of Interest (Police Officer, Jailer/Dispatcher, or Both)
You will be notified by postcard when a there is a vacancy.
The minimum requirements for the position of Police Officer and Jailer/Dispatcher are:
- At least 18 years of age
- United States Citizen
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Not have been convicted of, plead guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or any violation of federal, state, or city laws relating to:
- Violence and Domestic Violence
- Liquor or Controlled Substances
- Not released from the United States armed forces other than honorably
- Pass a written examination
- Pass a physical agility/physical fitness test
- Demonstrate good moral character as determined by a background investigation
- Pass a psychological examination by a qualified professional
- Pass a medical examination and drug screen administered by a licensed physician
City of Gatlinburg personnel rules and regulations supersede anything on these pages. The City of Gatlinburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.